When you read the title of this post, you have to read it properly.
And by that, of course, I mean as though you were watching an episode of Blossom. (remember that show? Those were the days)
I don’t even know where to begin.
The sanity check that I posted last time? Yeah… I had no idea what I was in for. The last couple of weeks have been CRAZYtown!!
There’s so much to update you on, that I couldn’t possibly do any single thing justice… So here’s a concise version:
– We finally listed our town home for sale. We got word that an offer is coming in (tomorrow?) so pray pray pray that it’s a good one that we can work with.
– I went on my work-sponsored house-hunting trip this past week. It was amazing! Not just the house-hunting, but getting to see Studly after being apart for two weeks, as well as getting my first glimpse of our new home city, and how could I not mention…..
– We found a house! Well… that’s the understatement of the day. We found THE house! And I’m pretty sure that I mentioned previously that the plan was to rent for the first year, in order to get used to the area and find where we’d really want to live and actually put down roots before starting a family, BUT…. Then we found this house. Holy Moses it’s amazing! I never in my life thought that I’d get to live in such an absolutely gorgeous house… It’s a dream home! I’m still pinching myself, really. If I wasn’t such a weirdo about putting personal details on the interwebs then I’d post pictures, but oh MAN oh man… It’s just…. Unbelievable!
– I leave in two weeks. TWO. WEEKS. Movers and “the truck” are due to arrive in just over a week (finally confirmed the dates), and that’s it. I’m moving clear across the country with my stud and my pup and that’ll be that. It’s really happening!
I’m not sure that I can really express through a blog just how much this move means to us… Or just how much we’ve longed for such an opportunity. So just know this – if I could sit across from you and tell you this in person, I’d probably end up crying. I’d be beaming… And I’d more than likely go on and on for quite some time.
Thanks for your support, blog buddies. Can’t wait to share more with you as things happen.
Oh…. And SO sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long. I clearly left out quite a bit of detail on these things, so ASK QUESTIONS! It’d be much easier to fill you in without forgetting things that way. 😉
What an absolutely crazy couple of weeks!
At last post, Studly had just found out about a position in Texas with his company. Well, here I sit, Studly napping on the couch next to me, getting ready for our last night together. He leaves tomorrow morning!
Things had been moving along at quite a slow pace, but now?! Things are staring to get crazytown!
– Our tenants moved out of the townhouse last Monday, and once Studly leaves it’ll be a mad dash to prep and list the house.
– I have to start going through all of the rooms in the house, pulling things out of drawers and shelves, etc, to be able to evaluate what will be packed and what will get chucked or donated.
– Sometime this week, I’ll be confirming our pack-out and load-up dates with the moving company (fingers crossed there are no issues getting our requested dates!).
– When we’ve confirmed the dates, I’ll be buying plane tickets to fly my Mother-in-love out here to the East Coast so that she can drive down to Texas with me and the Pup, and then we’ll fly her back home. Road triiiiiip!!
– I leave in less than 2 weeks for a 10-day house-hunting trip to our new city, where I’ll temporarily be reunited with Studly and we’ll be checking out the area and quite a few potential houses.
– Once I return, things will be even crazier as I run all over the place to gather medical records, prepare for the trip and pack-up, and say goodbye to my baby sister who’s also leaving the state this month.
– The following week, Lord willing, will be the multi-day pack-out and then I wave “bye bye” to our stuff, which will take around 11 days to get to our new home, for some reason.
– Just days later, my Mother-in-love will arrive and off we’ll go to reunite with Studly and to our new home.
Holy goodness… All of this in just one month! Aaahhh!! Wish me luck and looooots of sanity, will ya?
So another Monday is upon us. And even for someone, like myself, who loves their job… It can be daunting. So I’ll just say it –
When’s the next 3-day weekend, anyway?
In all seriousness, I had a CRAZY busy weekend and I just wish I had one more day to catch my breath before going back to the grind.
On top of just being outright pooped, I just feel like I’m stuck in a kind of limbo. We are still waiting to hear about the official move date and everyday is so full of possibilities, only to be another disappointment come evening.
I’m trying not to be too anxious, but I just wish we had our final date. We know it’s happening, but frankly… The undefined timeline is driving me batty!! Even if they were to say something like November 1st, I think I’d be cool with it at this point. Okay, not really… I’d be super bummed, but at least them I could make it work or plan something around it.
I just feel like it’s all still so up in the air, right now, and I’m soooo looking forward to nailing down some specifics. And with Studly’s company still trying to find him a position, I just don’t want things to get all cockamamy and stressful, or right down to the wire.
But this is life, right? Unpredictable and full of surprises.
Pray for us, please. It’s tough being stuck in limbo with something you’ve wanted for so long being dangled and bounced around in front of us. Ugh.
Come ooonnnnnn Texas!!
**UPDATE: I will be extending the announcement a bit longer, since I’ll be entertaining guests this weekend, but hopefully someone will guess correctly! So far, no correct guesses. Keep ’em coming!
So I dropped a bomb on Sunday, and for those who missed that post:
We are moving!!
And not just moving, but like moooooving awaaaaayyyy! Putting some serious distance between where we are now, and where we are going.
So with that, I thought it may be fun to have a little contest type of deal to see if anyone can guess which state we are moving to. And I know what you’re thinking, and the answer is YES! There is a prize. It’s nothing super fancy, because I don’t have a ton of funds for this, but the winner will get….
And of course I wouldn’t leave you hanging without at least a few clues, so here are three hints to get your noodle going:
- We currently live in Maryland, and as stated earlier in this post, we are moving a loooooooong way away (as in it’ll take us into the double digits with respect to how many hours long our drive will be).
- Our new home will be warmer than our current home (and after this winter, thank GOD for that!).
- It’s one of the top 100 Biggest cities in the US, according to this site.
So there you have it. If you can guess which STATE we are moving to, and you’re the first the guess correctly, you’ll get your $5 Starbucks Gift Card in your inbox on Wednesday, when the answer is revealed.
Let’s have it! And may the odds be ever in your favor!
My boss finally made the announcement, so… I guess that makes it official.
It still doesn’t feel real. We’ve been wanting to leave Maryland for years, but it’s actually relatively difficult to figure out how to relocate to a city where you know no one and still somehow find jobs for two different people. But alas, it’s finally happening.
We are BEYOND thrilled, but there’s a part of me that’s still just waiting for the other shoe to drop. For someone to step in and say “jk! Gotcha! You’re not actually going anywhere.”
Regardless, I know in my brain that it’s real. It’s happening. The official report date is still being ironed out, though we are looking at sometime in June, and soon I will begin the process of transferring my job, finding a home…. Starting a new life. Wow – it feels weird to say that. We get to completely start over!
How does one even begin to do that? I mean… It’s like getting a do-over. A “Try again” option in the video game of life (for those “metaphor whores” like me, out there). How stinking cool is that?!
Anyway – my family still doesn’t know. My sisters know that it’s probably going to happen at some point this year, but no sort of timeframe. My parents know NOTHING about us even leaving, so that will be an interesting reveal.
Study’s family is aware. We’ve kept them in the loop ever since this dream was born. His family is just much more laid back and, frankly, supportive of what we want and whatever works for us, whereas mine just found out yesterday. They are all very happy for us and excited to see us begin this new chapter in our lives. They’re happy because we’re happy. And isn’t that exactly how it should be?
However, this isn’t a post a post about family, in general, but rather about MY family and what’s coming next for us.
This move holds a LOT of opportunity for us and I can’t wait to take those first steps toward our future (stay tuned for more deets on those plans).
There’s no doubt in my mind that God has brought us to this moment. And in his timing… it is perfect. We have whined, cried, yelled, laughed insanely, and altogether just longed for this to happen for years, and time after time it just didn’t seem to be in the cards for us as each new opportunity seemed to fade away – some almost immediately, and some much more gradually. Nonetheless, it’s here now. It’s finally happening, and we are so beyond grateful for the privilege to take this BIG step forward.
So how about you – have any of you gotten the chance to start over, completely? And dreamers out there? Anyone feeling hopeless? Anyone too scared to take that first step?
Or what about those of you that LOVE your life and exactly where you are at the moment? Let’s hear it. 🙂