When It Rains
…it just freaking POURS, doesn’t it?! My goodness – lately I feel like I’m being reminded of me how true that saying really is. The short version:
- My dog has pulled a double Sam Bradford and torn BOTH of his ACL, as well as both of his meniscus (did you even know dog’s had knee caps? cause I sure didn’t before this).
- Sister is in the hospital after rushing to the ER, and now they are inducing her a week earlier than planned. Everyone is doing fine thus far and he should be here ANY minute now, but the tickets I bought to be there next week couldn’t be moved up… so I’m not there for it happening, which sucks. But I’m glad I’ll get to be there at all – I wouldn’t be able to go if we hadn’t already bought the tickets before the dog got hurt.
- Cousin had an emergency c-section just less than 48 hours ago and had her baby early, too. Everyone is fine but what a crazy week!
- We are having some random issue with our fire alarm system at home, which is obviously not fun. We need them working properly, but can’t figure out what’s randomly setting them off!
- We are really struggling financially. Just a few days ago, we were starting to make plans for furniture and paint, etc… but now with this over $7k vet bill, we are barely able to even pay for the surgeries that the pup needs.
- Still struggling to find my place at work. I’m still so happy we moved here, but it’s not quite been what I expected in that regard.
- Still adjusting to my SIL living with us. It’s been a weird transition and more difficult for me than I initially anticipated or prepared myself for.
So yeah… it’s been a rough few weeks. Frankly, I’m having a rough go lately with my emotions, too. I’m not like breaking out into tears randomly or anything (thankfully), but I’m just feeling gummy and not as happy as I usually am. I know all of this is temporary, and I have NO doubt that God will provide and we’ll be okay financially, but it’d be a lie to say that I’m not going through a little bit of a rough patch lately.
Prayers and well wishes would be awesome and much appreciated. I’ll do my best to catch you up on everything in more detail, but this might be all I have in me for the moment. Who knows… maybe I’m just overdue for a good cry.
Oh yeah – and all of this lately is reminding me that I’ve never really explained the name of the blog… especially since it’s got so many meanings. Ah well. Maybe I can distract myself some this weekend with that.