Monthly Archives: May 2014
What an absolutely crazy couple of weeks!
At last post, Studly had just found out about a position in Texas with his company. Well, here I sit, Studly napping on the couch next to me, getting ready for our last night together. He leaves tomorrow morning!
Things had been moving along at quite a slow pace, but now?! Things are staring to get crazytown!
– Our tenants moved out of the townhouse last Monday, and once Studly leaves it’ll be a mad dash to prep and list the house.
– I have to start going through all of the rooms in the house, pulling things out of drawers and shelves, etc, to be able to evaluate what will be packed and what will get chucked or donated.
– Sometime this week, I’ll be confirming our pack-out and load-up dates with the moving company (fingers crossed there are no issues getting our requested dates!).
– When we’ve confirmed the dates, I’ll be buying plane tickets to fly my Mother-in-love out here to the East Coast so that she can drive down to Texas with me and the Pup, and then we’ll fly her back home. Road triiiiiip!!
– I leave in less than 2 weeks for a 10-day house-hunting trip to our new city, where I’ll temporarily be reunited with Studly and we’ll be checking out the area and quite a few potential houses.
– Once I return, things will be even crazier as I run all over the place to gather medical records, prepare for the trip and pack-up, and say goodbye to my baby sister who’s also leaving the state this month.
– The following week, Lord willing, will be the multi-day pack-out and then I wave “bye bye” to our stuff, which will take around 11 days to get to our new home, for some reason.
– Just days later, my Mother-in-love will arrive and off we’ll go to reunite with Studly and to our new home.
Holy goodness… All of this in just one month! Aaahhh!! Wish me luck and looooots of sanity, will ya?
As most of you know, we are preparing for a huge move in the coming months, as our family relocates to Texas.
One of our biggest hurdles in getting there and getting settled is in finding Studly a job, since it’s my employer that’ll be relocating us. His company has positions there, but being able to find one that’s not only available for him, but is also a good fit – that’s another situation altogether.
Well… Not anymore.
Today, Studly was contacted by a POC from his company’s office in a Texas and, as it turns out, they not only have a position that he’d be a perfect fit for, but they actually need him to start at the beginning of June! Translation: he would be moving down there about a month before my tentative departure date.
How insane is that?!
Man… God sure knows how to remind me who’s in charge whenever I start to worry.
I wasn’t losing sleep over it….. Not yet anyway. But I WAS concerned that we may have some financial difficulties if he wasn’t able to find something quickly enough.
But seriously, though… Not only is there a position for him at all, down there, but it means there’s no gap at ALL in his employment.
We will be receiving a second relocation package through his company.
How does this kind of thing even happen?!
I’m not sure that I can adequately convey how rare this situation is. Before today, we were told that his company would not even begin to look for a position for him until I have my official travel orders. And I’m not even close (much to my chagrin). But now? It doesn’t even remotely matter.
I just cannot believe how incredibly things are working out.
My God is greater!
Ok. Sorry for the uber giddy post, but I just had to share.
I hope you all are having a great week, so far… Even if today is only a Monday.
How is everyone? I have SO much catching up to do with your blogs, so fill me in!